Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Unable to blog

Yesterday morning I was unable to connect to the Internet, so no blog. Friends who own a place in the mountains, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, invited me to join them for a visit. The Blue Ridge is a place where Carol and I often visited, and I was not sure if I was up to doing that without her. I did go on Friday, and I believe took another small step of grief recovery. It was a refreshing time of fellowship with dear friends. We enjoyed meals together at special places, and traveled many miles on small trails over and around the mountains on their “Mule” ATV, admiring the beautiful scenery and an exciting variety of wildlife. Friday night I enjoyed a solid seven hours of sleep up there. Tonight is not going quite as well, but then there is the blessing of having more time to read, pray and send a blog out.

Driving to the mountains and back gave me the opportunity to get caught up on some CD’s by Chip Ingram. Chip has been focusing on being a Romans 12 Christian. He made a special point of our thinking about God’s goodness in our lives. Challenging us to Remember, Reflect and Renew. That especially spoke to my heart, and I am still thinking about God’s goodness to Carol and me over nearly 49 years, especially during these past 2 ½ years as we battled her cancer. As I reflected upon those years, blessing after blessing came to mind, but then I was challenged by the renewal aspect…how best to use the rest of my life? Proverbs 3:5-6 seems like a good place to start:

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.” Okay I hear…now it is time to get to the application in my daily life!

I came back late yesterday to get ready for our God Chasers class today. Our study of respectable sins has been a real help for me to identify what I would like to classify as “minor” areas in my life that need major adjustments. Our study continues to clearly indicate that all sin is sin in God’s eyes. This is always a special time of learning and growing with our special group of dedicated friends.

I trust that you to have a wonderful day of growth in Him.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home