Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Still learning

For some reason, the past week was not one of my best. In fact it was somewhat of a downer. Emotions kept surfacing at the most unexpected moments and I just simply did not feel like myself. Coming home to an empty house, without Carol, each day and processing all that so many friends are facing, just seemed to get me down. Through it all, I was thankful for friends and family members that listened and encouraged me.

As I finished my daily readings in the book of Job, I could really relate to many of his feelings. And when I read his conversation with God at the end of the book, the lights seemed to begin to flicker in my head. I especially related to Job’s statement; “I babbled on about things far beyond me” (The Message 42:2b). It is easy to try to out-guess God and His purposes. Even to want to ask why me? And let my emotions spiral downward as I try to understand?

Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You ask, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I. And I was talking about things I did not understand, things far too wonderful for me.” (Job 42:1-2) The chapter, and the book, ends with the words “Then he died, an old man who had lived a long, good life.”…He finished well...That is my desire!

That example from Job really spoke to me. He went through far more than I ever have, but when he got on the other side of his problems, he worshiped God! Many times I have experienced full relief from my “challenges” when I finally turn my focus upon praise and worship of the Lord. So then why don’t I always do that? I must be just a slow learner.

Friday I plan to head to our lake house to get my van back there so we can get the boat out, serviced and stored for the winter months. After bringing Carol back with the van in June, I have had all three vehicles here, which I do not need. I will be riding back home with friends who are attending a wedding up there on Saturday, so I am looking forward to that special time of fellowship with them on the return trip along with being together with many of my family members from Indiana and Michigan that will be joining me on the weekend.

Again, thank you for your love and prayers!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home