Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wonderful weekend

What a wonderful time with Lisa over the weekend! It was a time of relaxing, plenty of time for talking, and visits to some of the ever-growing attractions in DC. Our visit to the newly opened museum of news…“Newseum” was most sobering. As we walked away from the museum, Lisa commented on all of the bad news that was shown. There was a very graphic section about the 9/11 tragedy with footage and photos that I had never seen. What a tragedy for thousands of families! Another section featured a huge actual portion of the Berlin Wall along with the actual guard tower from that wall and many photographs. A sobering reminder of many hurting families during those years of a divided Berlin.

It was not all bad news. We attended an interesting seminar by a retired FBI Agent discussing his specialty, body language. It was interesting to hear about some of the things that have been learned about the subject, and then see them use that information to analyze clips from speeches of former and current political figures. It was interesting to hear what he had to say about body language and how it can be put into practice by candidates to influence us. I am sure that I will be watching the candidates presentations over the next weeks with a more careful eye, and then asking myself…was that body movement a natural one or something learned to “grab” me?

Sunday we enjoyed participating in the service at Lisa’s church. The reading was from Matthew 20:1-16 which is about the landowner who pays each worker the same total amount for their days labor regardless of the hours that they worked. The question at the end of the reading is a good reminder “…are you envious because I am generous?” A reminder for me to be constantly aware through which lens I evaluate situations. Envy is one of those subtle attitudes that can so easily slip into my thinking. Thank you Lord, for the way that you use your Word to speak to my heart. Help me to be quick to not only hear but to also apply what you are saying to me!

Enjoy this new day that the Lord has made for our enjoyment and growth.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home