Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, October 12, 2008

God's Plans

I am often amazed at how my reading in Bible and in The Daily Message speaks directly to the thoughts that I have been having and encourages me. Saturday was a beautiful day and a busy one for me. It started early with the washing of the exterior of the house and removing the mildew that likes to accumulate during the year. When that was done, I did a major cleaning of the garage and then some trimming of shrubs and weed removal. My neighbor Keith was also working hard in his yard, so we would take a brief break from time to time to encourage each other.

Later in the evening, Keith called to invite me to come for dinner today and when I asked what I could bring, he remarked about the special cake that Carol had made when we invited them over shortly after them moved here about a year ago. That got my grey cells activated, and I am going to attempt to make one of those special cakes to take with me later today. Certainly it will not be as perfect as what Carol would have made, but I am going to give it a try. If it is a flop, our trash is picked up tomorrow.

As tired as I was when I went to bed I expected a long sleep, but for some reason about four hours was my limit, so I had plenty of time to read. That is good too…I keep telling myself. Continuing my reading in Jeremiah, I was especially interested in the words that God gave him for the exiles in Babylon;

“As soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out —- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you a future and hope for,

When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.

When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.

Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed”


That sure was not assurance of an instant response to their desire to return, but it carried an even more important message of His love and care during their time in a foreign land. A good reminder for me. My desire for a quick adjustment is not part of His plan, but He will take care of me and not abandon me if I continue to walk with Him. What more could I ask for?

I trust that your Sunday is a special time of meeting with Him and with the family of God.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home