Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Strength for the future

It was a wonderful trip back home with my Charlotte friends. I had the opportunity to join them for their family birthday celebration in another Indiana city, held in a barn, and then stay in that barn overnight. This was not your typical barn. There was a large “fun” area with basketball, exercise equipment and a very generous area for seating guests for the meal. Each of the rooms was filled with interesting antiques, many from their family, and comfortable bedrooms with quaint baths. Each room was accented by walls of barn siding from several different barns in the area. There was a lovely fireplace with a barn-beam mantle in the gathering room with interesting Amish furniture inviting us to sit and enjoy the visit….What fun! The drive home yesterday was outstanding with wonderful fellowship, beautiful weather, and brilliant colors in the mountains as the trees are preparing to shed their leaves shortly.

I have been somewhat out of touch with the recent news these past few days but did catch a few brief reports about the economy and managed to watch a small portion of the debate last evening before heading to bed. The words of Jeremiah which I have currently been reading, ring loudly in my ears;

“LORD, you are my strength and fortress, my refuge in the day of trouble!” (16:19a)

“This is what the LORD says: ‘Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans and turn their hearts away from the LORD. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, on the salty flats where no one lives.

“But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence.”
(17:5-7)

Three months ago today, Carol was rapidly approaching that final curtain which she passed through at 11:38 pm. While the pain and loss are ever present, I am striving to deepen my trust and walk with the Lord each day. I recognize that it was so easy for me to turn to Carol instead of the Lord, placing a ‘trust’ in her when it should have been in Him…Thank you Father, for each glimpse of truth to which you open my heart and mind!

Thanks for all of you encouragement and support. I am blessed!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home