Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Thankfulness

Our connection here at the lake house is extremely slow, so I will attempt to send a brief message for all of you who so faithfully check.

The trip here was uneventfull, just a long nearly twelve hours of driving. I connected with my Charlotte friends here and they and Karin and family went to dinner together at a restaurant on the lake. After that I was ready for bed. I got a good sleep and we are now awaiting daughter Sue and husband Jeff any minute arriving from Michigan.

Recently reading Indeed, I had a good reminder when I read; "The Christian life is to be a joyful life; the Bible makes that clear...Thankfulness is to dominate over discontent in our thinking." Looking at a half filled glass, the point was to focus upon the half that is full rather than the empty half. Good advise for me these days.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement, and to those who called me during my drive to make sure I was awake and doing well. You are all appreciated!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home