Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A song of challenge

I trust that this has been a good week for each of you dear friends. Many of you have asked, but for those of you who did not, the cake was a success according to those who sampled it. I was way out of my comfort zone, but now I am ready to take another small step forward and try some other simple recipes. Any Suggestions? This old dog is a slow learner.

The other night when I was wakeful, some of the words of a song which I have not heard for a long time popped into my mind and I had to look it up in the morning to recall each verse. They have been in my thoughts ever since:

May the mind of Christ my Savior live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling all I do and say.
May the Word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph only through His power.
May the peace of God my Father rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me as the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing, this is victory
May His beauty rest upon me as I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel, seeing only Him.


I cannot think of a better prayer for my life today then those short five verses of May the Mind of Christ My Savior. I especially like the progression of the verses with the final reminder that we are only a channel for others to see Him. It reminds me of the words of John the Baptist when referring to Jesus, he said; “He must increase, I must decrease.” Can you imagine what this world would look like if each of us lived that way?

Much to think about as I do some of the needed tasks around the house today.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home