Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 08, 2010

The last enemy

This morning as I read Indeed, the verse for the day was The last enemy to be destroyed is death. (I Corinthians 15:26) How appropriate on this 8th day of January! Eighteen months ago tonight, Carol took her last breath on earth and immediately experienced the truth in that verse. At that moment my life certainly was changed. However Carol’s life was changed for eternity, as will each of our lives when we also come to that moment.

After the past weeks of fighting infections, I am thankful to be feeling so much better and I enjoyed the reminders in verses 43-44; “Our bodies now disappoint us, but when they are raised, they will be full of glory. They are weak now, but when they are raised, they will be full of power. They are natural human bodies now, but when thy are raised, they will be spiritual bodies.” Now that is something to look forward to!

Isn’t it interesting how much time, effort and dollars we invest in work, pleasure, possessions, health and everything imaginable, which we will ultimately leave behind. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a small part of God’s work through SIM and be continually reminded of the value of eternal investments. Frequently as we meet for prayer each morning, we will hear from folks that have recently returned from various fields, providing us with updates about the amazing things that God is doing in lives around the world. It sure does make the struggles easier and helps to keep better focused on eternal values.

I like Paul’s final reminder in this chapter; “So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.” (vs. 58)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home