Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

With the house filled with beautiful Christmas music today, my thoughts drifted back to many wonderful Christmas celebrations. What a blessing it is to recall so many memorable times with family and friends and look forward to that ultimate celebration with loved ones on the other side of that curtain of death. My heart especially goes out to those that will spend their first Christmas missing one of their loved ones.

I have been looking at several photo books today that Carol and I assembled, recalling many memorable occasions. I relived Carol’s 70th birthday celebration that we enjoyed together with the family on Cat Island in the Bahamas. What an amazing blessing it was for her, and for each of us, as God gave her strength to enjoy the trip in spite of fighting advanced cancer. I came to pictures with the family at out lake house in Indiana over the Easter holiday just three months before we would be saying goodbye to Carol. It was a special time enjoying each other and being entertained by our two great grandchildren. I then turned to precious photographs from Carol’s final trip, as we went to Michigan for Justin and Laura’s wedding, where beyond all odds, Carol was able to attend and even participate in the ceremony by reading Scripture.

I was especially moved by some final pictures that reminded me of the love of our family as they assembled here to say goodbye to Carol and give her an opportunity to have a tender time individually with each of them. Eight days later Carol took her last breath as our daughters and I were all at her bedside.

I find it amazing how such painful memories are also precious. As we Celebrate Christmas tomorrow, I trust that we will each experience the thrill of recalling the joyous birth of Jesus, that babe in Bethlehem. At the same time let’s not forget the pain and agony that He experienced some 33 years later as he was nailed to the cross making our redemption possible, giving up his earthly life, later to arise from the grave and take his place in Heaven..

As most of you are aware, Carol was a tremendous communicator, writing and editing numerous documents and publications over the years. As I turned to the final pages of pictures, a few words from her “Into the Light” farewell spoke volumes and expresses my feelings also:

"Thinking back on my life, I am filled with love and gratitude for you. Thank you for allowing me to share in your lives – I have treasured our time together. Cling to Jesus. I’ll see you on the other side of the curtain…I love you, Carol”

I will be spending Christmas in Wake Forest with good friend Keith and his family. I trust that each of you will have a blessed time with friends and family as we celebrate the birth of Jesus. May we welcome Him into our celebrations as Savior and Lord.

Love,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Sun Dec 27, 06:56:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Andean Echoes said...

Chuck, just to let you know I read your entries and go away very encouraged with your thoughts and insights. May God continue to use you to encourage others in 2010!

Helen in Bolivia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home