Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Blessed New Year!

In a few hours it will be 2010 with new experiences and adventures for each of us. As I reflect upon 2009 I am thankful for every moment. Truthfully, some were not as pleasant as others but just reminded me that I have not arrived at home, but am in a training period preparing for my eternal home.

I had a wonderful time with friend Keith and his family in Wake Forest for Christmas and look forward to his visit with me over New Years when we will do a bit of entertaining. What a blessing each of you friends are to me!

For over a month I have been challenged with some rather significant discomfort from congestion and neck/back pain. During my visit with the doctor yesterday I found that the infection is completely gone but I am dealing with some after-effects that are rather painful. I am currently on a brief round of Prednisone and a muscle relaxer. Hopefully that will be the end the discomfort.

As I was reading Indeed earlier this week, I was once again amazed at the glory of God as Ezekiel attempted to describe his vision in Chapter 1. I liked the statements that the author of Indeed made about the chapter:

“If we live without a sense of excitement, going through the routine of our days with rote motion and chilling apathy, we don’t have it. We aren’t living in the presence of God...[however] we can begin each day in the posture of Ezekiel’s response;...we can worship…If you are bored with life, lacking energy, and losing hope, try spending more time in God’s presence. Ask him to reveal His glory. Life will never be the same.”

I like that for my News Year resolution!

Have a Blessed New Year!

Love to you all,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Sun Jan 03, 07:12:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home