Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Let's Have a Fun (Blonde) Day

A friend--very scholarly and mature--wrote to say that once my hair fell out (by the will of my Father, as in the Heidelberg confession I sent the other day), he hoped I would wear fun-colored wigs. Fun? What's fun about bald? I certainly had intended to wear wigs as close as possible to my own ash brown hair. But I've been thinking a lot about his wish. Fun is good. Fun is where we find it. Fun is cheering and healing. So, yes, I will wear fun (not funky) wigs. And I hope you'll laugh with me.

I'm thankful that my doctor was able to find a radiologist who would work me in early yesterday afternoon to drain fluid from my left pleural cavity. After 5 procedures on the right, this is the first on the left. It was surprisingly uncomfortable, and indeed (17 hours later) I still feel sharp twinges when I breathe deeply. I think it's because that left lung has been compromised for several months and it's struggling to regain its place. There's still some fluid left, because I "had" to cough and the doctor withdrew the needle immediately rather than risk a puncture to the lung. But I'm breathing very much more freely with 1100 cc. of fluid out of there. (I don't think it was negligence to the left lung; every xray and ultrasound showed more fluid on the right than the left. But I'm sure glad it's been done now.)

A friend in Africa made the effort to find several Bible verses about God's breath, and then she turned them into prayers for me. What a gift. He first breathed life into our human father, and now every breath we take is by His will and kindness.

Please take a deep breath. Now purse your lips and exhale completely, then inhale deeply again. Now, say Thanks.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home