Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Difficult Day

Yesterday seemed to be more difficult for me. I was warned by Hospice to have the freedom to experience grief "attacks." Well, in spite of trying to be the strong and brave one, they were quite real.

I was awake quite a bit in the night, which can both bad and good. Loosing sleep is not good, but feeling sorry for yourself can be worse. Fortunately, after a brief "pity party" I was able to read, pray, and get refocused. As I transitioned my thinking, many portions of Scripture and familiar hymns came to mind along with words of encouragement from so many of you. The message I seemed to be getting was that I have so much knowledge in my head...now it is time to let it move into my heart. That sounds like major FROGin to me...Fully Relying On God!

One of the books that I was reading is Your Eternal Reward by Erwin Lutzer. The stated thesis of the book is that the person you are today will determine the rewards you will receive tomorrow....Your life here will impact your life there forever.

Thanks to God's word and Dr. Lutzer, I am up for the new challenges today. Right now I dare not look too far ahead, but certainly I can make it one day at a time. Matthew Henry is quoted as saying; "It ought to be the business of every day to prepare for our last day." That sounds like good advice to me. I believe that Carol was ready for her last day, but I need to do a little more preparation. That reminds me of a motto that I have not seen, or thought of, for a long time...Only one life, twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last.

May this be a day of preparation for each of us.

Love,

Chuck

2 Comments:

At Thu Jul 24, 09:43:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bud,

Just checking in on you. Donna and I continue to keep track of you via this blog. Love you bud. Praying for you still.

Matt O'Neil

 
At Thu Jul 24, 09:45:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home