Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Two steps ahead

Yesterday was another busy day getting on top of things at the office and dealing with the many medical bills and legal matters connected with Carol’s home-going. In the evening dear Stuart stopped by to drop off a “care package” along with a dress shirt that his wife Donna had carefully laundered and ironed for me. We both agreed that it may not be best for me to practice ironing on the shirt that I will wear for the Michigan celebration. A big scorch mark might not be fitting.

As Stuart and I talked about the pain that I am experiencing, and the pain that death always brings, we talked about the tremendous pain of death for the Godhead. While death is such a painful thing for us humans, what must it have been for Jesus to die on that cross? To have the power to avoid death but at the same time be willing to die for us, experiencing all of the pain and even mocking from bystanders.

I am reminded of an occasion when Carol and I were talking about her cancer which was not responding well to treatment. We had previously discussed concern for an individual that appeared to be wavering in their faith. Carol quickly responded; “If my cancer and ultimate death helps to strengthen that persons faith in Christ, it is worth it!” Yes these are tough days for each of us that loved Carol. Not detecting the cancer until it was at stage 4 was no accident. God is using it in my life and in the lives of many others to draw us closer to Him and in preparation for that moment when we too will slip through that final curtain of death.

This morning I was rending about David’s problems and battles in I Chronicles 12-14. A short phrase relating to his battle with the Philistines sticks in my mind. “God will be two steps ahead of you…” Two weeks ago, Carol physically slipped out of our lives. As I reflect upon those painful days, I can recall many times when God was clearly ahead of me, two steps or more, giving guidance, encouragement and love. What an amazing and good God we serve!

My you recognize God’s blessings in your life today.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home