Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday was special

Sunday was a special day! Attending the God Chasers class has been a highlight of the week for Carol and me for many years. Teacher Tom does an excellent job of helping us dig into the Scriptures and hear what God is saying about our lives in relationship to Him. He really gets those grey cells active both during and after the class. And the people are amazing...never have we known a more loving and responsive group of people. In preparation for each class, we are currently reading the book by Jerry Bridges, Respectable Sins. Yesterday our focus was on the lack of self-control. Carol would frequently tell me that she had never known anyone more disciplined than me, but I find that clearly discipline and self-control don't run on the same track. About the first thing that came to mine and was mentioned, was ice cream. Like the author, and others in class, I have to restrict having the stuff in our freezer too often. It just seems to jump into a bowl in front of me. From there we went to many other actions or words that can become common in our lives but that do not honor our Lord.

During the church service, we had a former Russian KGB officer tell a bit about his life and his decision to take a step of faith, and trust Jesus. I was interested how he explained the conversion of his (1) head, (2) heart and (3) gut. What a story of God working in an amazing way through the life of a simple individual to accomplish His purpose. I wanted to rush home and tell Carol about it, but then the thrilling reality hit me...one day we both will be able to spend unlimited time with him, hearing the whole story.

Continue to pray for the family. We are keeping in close contact with each other in spite of the miles between, but each is processing the events of Carol's home going in different ways separated by those many miles.

The first thought I had upon awaking this morning was...Trust in the Lord! I believe that the message for me today comes from Proverbs 3:5-6. Thanks for that reminder Lord!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home