Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Praying for you

As hundreds of your emails, cards, notes and calls arrive, the predominate message is; “we are praying for you.” Thank you so very much. I certainly do not fully understand it, but I know that the prayers of God’s people are effective…and I am experiencing the result of those prayers. The New Living Translation interprets James 4:16b “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”

As I was thinking about your kind words of sympathy and the assurance of your continued prayers, I turned to I Samuel, thinking about Samuel’s concern and prayer for his people, the Israelites. In chapter 12 Samuel says “As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you…But be sure to fear the Lord and sincerely worship him. Think of all the wonderful things he has done for you. But if you continue to sin…” I’ll let you fill in his final words.

Carol and I established a practice of spending about an hour each morning individually reading and praying. Then together we read a brief devotional (Indeed currently) and prayed for mutual concerns about family and friends. Slowly I am getting back to a morning routine that allows me to add Carol’s prayer list to mine and our joint list. The details about some names on her list I am not completely familiar with, but God knows, so I am confident that just the mention of that name is adequate.

As I read I Samuel this morning, I was convicted about my responsibility to pray for you. It is not necessary for me to know all the details of your situation. God knows, and as we join together in prayer, He will provide your heart’s desire. (Psalm 37 is a good place to learn about that)

It is my prayer that this will be a special day as you see God working in you, through you, and around you.

God loves YOU and so do I,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home